“Cel mai ieftin laptop din lume nu a fost pe placul deputaţilor. Unul dintre aleşi a propus un asemenea calculator pentru fiecare elev. Programul ar fi costat ~ 700 milioane de euro.“
Problema cu acest lapotop e ca e de jucarie 😉 … adica este conceput de asiatici, ce le puteti cere ca aia se comporta ca si copii toata viata !!! In fine ideea este ca nu prinde si la noi, nu are cum. Daca prinde in tarile din lumea a 3-a unde nu au nici macar curent la noi cand or sa’l vada or sa’l respinga pe motiv ca pare o jucarie. Poate la gradinita merge dar la cei mai mare nici gand ;)!!!
Iata mai jos cateva detalii preluate de pe siteul oficial al celui mai ieftin laptop din lume: http://laptop.org
“The laptop nominally consumes less than two watts-less than one tenth of what a standard laptop consumes-so little that XO can be recharged by human power.“
“The estimated product lifetime is at least five years.“
“Experience shows that the laptop components most likely to fail are its hard drive and internal connectors. XO has no hard drive to crash and only two internal cables.”
- Dimensions: 193mm x 229mm x 64mm (as of 3/27/06—subject to change)
- Weight: Less than 1.5 KG (target only—subject to change)
- Configuration: Convertible laptop with pivoting, reversible display; dirt- and moisture-resistant system enclosure
- CPU: AMD Geode GXemail@example.comW (datasheet)
- CPU clock speed: 366 Mhz
- Compatibility: X86/X87-compatible
- Chipset: AMD CS5536 South Bridge (datasheet)
- Graphics controller: Integrated with Geode CPU; unified memory architecture
- Embedded controller (for production), ENE KB3700: Image:KB3700-ds-01.pdf
- DRAM memory: 128 MiB dynamic RAM
- Data rate: Dual – DDR266 – 133 Mhz
- BIOS: 1024KB SPI-interface flash ROM; LinuxBIOS open-source BIOS; Open Firmware bootloader
- Mass storage: 512 MiB SLC NAND flash, high speed flash controller
- Drives: No rotating media
- Liquid-crystal display: 7.5″ Dual-mode TFT display
- Viewing area: 152.4 mm x 114.3 mm
- Resolution: 1200 (H) x 900 (V) resolution (200 dpi)
- Mono display: High-resolution, reflective monochrome mode
- Color display: Standard-resolution, quincunx-sampled, transmissive color mode
- Special “DCON” chip, that enables deswizzling and anti-aliasing in color mode, while enabling the display to remain live with the processor suspended.
- Keyboard: 70+ keys, 1.2mm stroke; sealed rubber-membrane key-switch assembly
- Cursor-control keys: five-key cursor-control pad; four directional keys plus Enter
- Touchpad: Dual capacitance/resistive touchpad; supports written-input mode
- Audio: Analog Devices AD1888, AC97-compatible audio codec; stereo, with dual internal speakers; monophonic, with internal microphone and using the Analog Devices SSM2211 for audio amplification
- Wireless: Marvell Libertas 88W8388+88W8015, 802.11b/g compatible; dual adjustable, rotating coaxial antennas; supports diversity reception
- Status indicators: Power, battery, WiFi; visible lid open or closed
- Video camera: 640×480 resolution, 30FPS
- Power: 2-pin DC-input, 10 to 25 V, -23 to -10 V
- Line output: Standard 3.5mm 3-pin switched stereo audio jack
- Microphone: Standard 3.5mm 2-pin switched mono microphone jack; selectable sensor-input mode
- Expansion: 3 Type-A USB-2.0 connectors; SD Card slot
- Maximum power: 500 mA (total)
- Pack type: 5 Cells, 6V series configuration
- Fully-enclosed “hard” case; user removable
- Capacity: 22.8 Watt-hours
- Cell type: NiMH
- Pack protection: Integrated pack-type identification
- Integrated thermal sensor
- Integrated polyfuse current limiter
- Cycle life: Minimum 2,000 charge/discharge cycles (to 50% capacity of new, IIRC).
- Power Management will be critical
- LinuxBIOS is our BIOS for production units; Open Firmware is used as the bootloader.
- Temperature: somewhere in between typical laptop requirements and Mil spec; exact values have not been settled
- Humidity: Similar attitude to temperature. When closed, the unit should seal well enough that children walking to and from school need not fear rainstorms or dust.
- Altitude: -15m to 3048m (14.7 to 10.1 psia) (operating), -15m to 12192m (14.7 to 4.4 psia) (non-operating
- Shock: 125g, 2ms, half-sine (operating) 200g, 2ms, half-sine (non-operating)
- Random vibration: 0.75g zero-to-peak, 10Hz to 500Hz, 0.25 oct/min sweep rate (operating); 1.5g zero-to-peak, 10Hz to 500Hz, 0.5 oct/min sweep rate (nonoperating)
- 2mm plastic walls (1.3mm is typical for most systems).
- The usual US and EU EMI/EMC requirements will be met.
- The laptop and all OLPC-supplied accessories will be fully UL and is RoHS compliant.